Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mourning the loss of Robin Williams

+3
Amanda Lynne
Brigitte0
Little Audrey
7 posters

Go down

Mourning the loss of Robin Williams Empty Mourning the loss of Robin Williams

Post by Little Audrey Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:42 pm

The world has lost a genius comedian and a beautiful person. My heart is aching. I truly loved this man. I was hooked on his talent and his personality the instant I saw him on Mork and Mindy. Rest in peace, Robin. The world is not laughing today, but, no doubt, God is. We love you!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Mourning the loss of Robin Williams Empty Re: Mourning the loss of Robin Williams

Post by Brigitte0 Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:08 pm

I think he touched the heart of many, the world over. My sorrow equals yours and I trust he has found peace. 

Brigitte
Brigitte0
Brigitte0

Back to top Go down

Mourning the loss of Robin Williams Empty Re: Mourning the loss of Robin Williams

Post by Amanda Lynne Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:15 pm

There will be an extra special extra bright extra twinkly star in the night sky.
I have so many wonderful memories of laughing until I cried watching his films with my children, today I just have tears of loss for such a talented person with so many demons.
The world is a sadder place without him.
A xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:31 pm

Mork has returned to his home planet.

Edwin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:45 pm

Yes, he has, Edwin. Now he has a new audience, and a very lucky audience it is!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:48 pm

Nanoo Nanoo! Mork signing out! Yes indeed, I feel such sorrow at the passing of such a wonderful human being, so sad .... The Genie is finally free.....

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:32 pm

Yes, Jasmine, the Genie is finally free.

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by willsce Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:30 am

Aladdin was on this morning on Disney, commercial free, with a little 5 second tribute screen to RW at the end.  It was my 2 year old's first time watching Aladdin.
willsce
willsce

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:10 am

How cool!!!

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:27 am

There have been many wonderful tributes on Facebook and here on UK TV. Last night I watched a short programme called Set List which was filmed in a San Francisco comedy club where comedians do a completely improvised set based on topics fired at them. Robin Williams was SO brilliant - a true genius! I'm going to watch Dead Poets Society again this afternoon.

Chris, it's good to hear from you again, how are you doing? For those of you who don't know, Chris and I had our surgery two days apart at the Norman Parathyroid Centre in Tampa.

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:29 am

Hope this link works, I found it very moving (from Facebook).

J x

https://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Robin-Williams/710546665679132
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:40 am

Jasmine, this clip is BEAUTIFUL! I'm sitting here crying. Thank you for sharing.

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:30 pm

Jasmine you've set me off, that was just beautiful.
A xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by NancyMi Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:49 am

Jasmine,
   I just loved him in the Dead Poets society and also in the Bird Cage.
He was a genius and everyone said how kind he was.

Nancy

NancyMi

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:00 am

Yes, Nancy, he most definitely was a genius. Obviously, a very troubled genius. I loved him so much, I feel like I've lost a member of my family. I'm really having a rough time getting over this.

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by NancyMi Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:34 am

Audrey,
   I know what you mean.
I felt for his children especially his daughter who just seemed to want some support and then got insulted by some insensitive person. 
   I just hope that she and her siblings understand how much he was respected and loved by so many people.

Nancy

NancyMi

Back to top Go down

Post by willsce Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:37 am

He was a fellow dork - I love Zelda and he named his daughter after the games.  He was the Genie, a special character to me.  I spent a long weekend buried in by a 3 foot blizzard, all I had to keep me entertained was my VCR and Aladdin on rental, I watched it 6 times in a row.  I did like a lot of his other stuff but those are the two things I think of first.

I've been doing pretty well.  Chugging forward.  Some setbacks here and there but way way way better.  Wednesday will be 6 months post-op.  I aim to post a bit more about things then.  I'm fighting tooth and nail to recover professionally and it hasn't been easy but I'm down for a scrap. Smile  How about you all?
willsce
willsce

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine2 Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:17 am

Great to hear that life is so much better for you Chris, and that you have a positive attitude to facing down the parts that are yet to be fully resolved. Personally, I'm not doing as well; as you might recall from our time at the NPC Tampa, my surgery with Dr Norman was a re-do following failed surgery here in the UK, and although he removed a large adenoma he wasn't able to locate and healthcheck my other parathyroid glands due to scarring from previous surgeries. My levels never did return to normal, I remain very symptomatic still but Dr Norman has decided that, even though he agreed with a diagnosis of persistent pHPT, I am not a candidate for further surgery with him because of the risks involved to my one remaining functional recurrent laryngeal nerve, which is pretty ironic given that this is the reason I had to go to Tampa in the first place because my UK surgeon wouldn't agree to a re-do here because it was too risky. So I've now found a new surgeon and I'm currently going through the work-up process again between him and my endocrinologist. At this point in time I have no clue what the outcome will be, or if I will be offered more surgery. Hey ho, on we go .....!

Take good care of yourself Chris, it's so good to hear from you again and I look forward to hearing more from you when you're ready. I bet your little daughter is so happy her daddy has more energy to play and have fun! She's at such a lovely age ...

Jasmine x
Jasmine2
Jasmine2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum