Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hyperparathyroid Forum
By logging-in to this Forum, you are agreeing to the Hyperparathyroid Forum Terms and conditions of Use https://hyperparathyroid.forumotion.co.uk/f5-hyperparathyroid-forum-terms-and-conditions-of-use
Hyperparathyroid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

parathyroid removed on 26th August

5 posters

Go down

parathyroid removed on 26th August  Empty parathyroid removed on 26th August

Post by keir Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:27 pm

Hi just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the support over last few months. Parathyroid removed and feeling much better
Keir

keir

Back to top Go down

parathyroid removed on 26th August  Empty Re: parathyroid removed on 26th August

Post by Hadleigh Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:32 pm

Great news Keir, keep us posted on your progress, take care,

Nelly
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

parathyroid removed on 26th August  Empty Re: parathyroid removed on 26th August

Post by keir Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:43 pm

Thanks Nelly will keep you posted x

keir

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:48 am

Such great news, Keir - so glad that you are rid of it and feeling so much better!

Keep an eye on your Ca and PTH levels post-surgery to make sure that your calcium doesn't dip too low after having had such a large adenoma for so long. Signs of low calcium are tingling in the fingers and around the lips.

We like to keep hearing from forum members after surgery with details of their improvements, so don't be a stranger here from now on! Tell us about all the things that get better for you with surgery - it was the disappearance of the cognitive fog, misery and depression that made it all worthwhile for me. It was as if these disappeared almost immediately after surgery.

When you feel able to perhaps you could write a few words about your location and surgeon on those pages here.

Look after yourself and rest up now to heal well.

Love from Tigerlily xx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:00 pm

Well, I just posted on another thread saying I hoped all went well with your surgery, Keir, and I hoped you were feeling much better.     I was very happy to spot this thread!!    VERY happy to hear all went well, and you are doing so well!!

Yes, please keep us posted on your progress.

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by keir Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:51 am

Hi all just a quick update. After surgery felt immediate better. This lasted about 10-14 days. Started getting pain in toe and shoulder like prior to surgery. Have had test showing pth 7.3 but calcium bang on 2.2 stayed talking vit d and calcium supplement along with vit k supplement. Since then Joint and bone pain seems to have gone again. Surgery scar very small and healed very well. Seeing consultant again on 30th so will update after that. Hope everyone well or at least coping. Big love xx

keir

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:54 am

Good to hear you are much better Keir, it does take a while for levels to settle down but hopefully you won't have any more trouble. Do keep us posted,take care.

Nelly x
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:28 pm

Sounds good, Keir!    I think you're on your way.    Very happy to hear  you are doing so well!      Even though your PTH is high/normal, your calcium is on the low side, so it would appear your remaining parathyroid glands are trying to get your calcium up a bit higher.   In my opinion, all looks well.

I am due to have my calcium and PTH testes again tomorrow.   I'm always very anxious to see my levels.   It's been a little over 22 months since my surgery, and I think all is well, but I still hold my breath every time I have those levels tested.

Again, glad all is well with you!

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:46 pm

Great news Keir
A xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by keir Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:17 pm

Hi all sorry for delay in getting back to everyone but I was waiting to see how things panned out. Surgery went well and immediately felt better. After a few weeks though started to get some old symptoms. Sounds silly but a pain in my big toe and right shoulder has got me worried because these were the first symptoms I noticed when I first went to the doctor. Have had 2 lots of bloods which have shown rises in pth and calcium. Calcium was 2.32 and now is 2.46. Pth was 9.4 and now is 9.5.
They are checking these every month and I'm back at hospital for 3 month check in January. Will keep you updated. Hope everyone is well. Big love to all xx

keir

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Lynne Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:01 pm

Hi Kier
Sorry to hear you are having some problems. Did you ever have a 24 hr urine test done to check for FHH.
Amanda xxxx
Amanda Lynne
Amanda Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadleigh Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:23 pm

Oh Keir what a bummer, long shot but it might possibly just be a blip, mine took a while to settle after surgery.
Do keep us posted, take care

Nelly xx
Hadleigh
Hadleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:11 pm

Good to hear from you, Keir. It could just be a blip in that your system is taking time to settle down after having such a large adenoma removed. It has taken me about 6 months to see the Ca and PTH in their correct relationship - my PTH seemed a bit high 2-3 months after surgery, but with the lower calcium that was at least the correct trend, i.e. when Ca is low the PTH will rise, when the system is working normally again.

The shoulder and foot pain could be these areas re-mineralising again in the correct manner. I have read that the body sometimes does this in excess after PTH surgery in its enthusiasm to lay down bone better than it was doing when one had the PTH disorder. 

Good that they have your eye on you with testing - do keep us posted on what I hope will be your continued improvement!

Love from Tigerlily xx

Tigerlily

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Audrey Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:47 pm

So sorry to hear, Keir.    I agree with everyone else that it might just take a bit more time for your body to normalize.   Let's hope that is the case, but, as I've said before regarding my own case, because I'm still dealing with symptoms, and I'm not sure what is causing them, if there be another parathyroid tumor in my neck still, I'm more than ready for another surgery to take care of it!    If we're not cured the first time, at least we can have another chance, right?     I'd give yourself some more time before becoming too concerned.

Audrey

Little Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post by keir Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:19 am

Thank you all for the messages of support. It really is much appreciated. I haven't had FHH urine test done previously but will certainly have that in mind if these symptoms persist I'm hoping everyone is right and my body is just taking time to readjust after the numbers being so scatty before. Hope everyone is either well or coping. Big love to you all xxx

keir

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down